Job vacancy: Conservation Officer/ Team Leader
Three Year Fixed term, Full Time
Living Springs is seeking a passionate Team Leader as part of the Helping Hands programme working with Te Hapū o Ngāti Wheke Inc and Conservation Volunteers NZ to deploy a workforce dedicated to the ecological restoration of the Whakaraupō catchment.
The successful applicant will lead a team with the ultimate vision of increasing the abundance and diversity of mahinga kai and taonga species on the lands surrounding Whakaraupō/ Lyttelton Harbour.
If you enjoy spending time in Whakaraupō and have an interest in advancing your career in the conservation industry, this could be the role for you. This is a physically demanding field-based position that will take you deep into the native bush.
The successful applicant will have:
- Excellent communication and leadership skills
- Understanding of mātauranga Māori and kaitiakitanga and the willingness to impart knowledge and share stories
- A strong interest in the environment, ecosystem protection, NZ flora, fauna, and conservation
- Experience with pest animal management, including tools and approaches to pest trapping
- A full class 1 Driver’s License
- Have a strong commitment to health and safety work practices and able to promote this culture among colleagues
- Have a positive work attitude and a great work ethic.
Mō mātou – About us
As a host of many large groups, schools, community groups and health camps, Living Springs gives people memories and experiences that can impact them for life. The 400ha hillside location at the head of Whakaraupō/ Lyttelton harbour, and flowing from the crater to the sea/ ki uta ki tai, makes Living Springs a unique and wonderful place.
You can apply by emailing your Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date 8 August 2021
To view the position description please click on the link below