Job Vacancy: Conservation Coordinator
Three Year Fixed term, Full Time
Living Springs is seeking a passionate Coordinator as part of the Helping Hands programme working with Te Hapū o Ngāti Wheke Inc and Conservation Volunteers NZ to deploy a workforce dedicated to the ecological restoration of the Whakaraupō catchment.
The successful applicant will Coordinate the Living Springs Team with the ultimate vision of increasing the abundance and diversity of mahinga kai and taonga species on the lands surrounding Whakaraupō/ Lyttelton Harbour.
If you enjoy spending time in Whakaraupō and have an interest in advancing your career in the conservation industry, this could be the role for you.
The successful applicant will have:
- Effective communication and interpersonal skills across verbal, written and public relationships
- Understanding of mātauranga Māori and kaitiakitanga and the willingness to impart knowledge and share stories
- Make logistical arrangements for the efficient completion of project activities, principally practical conservation tasks including project scheduling, organising materials and plants, tool selection and site maps, details of job specification
- Work closely with the Living Springs Team Leader around programme scheduling and delivery, infusion of kaupapa Māori values and reporting and monitoring requirements
- Report to the Programme Manager ensuring regular programme reporting is undertaken in a timely manner, using set formats provided
- Proactively develop and maintain professional networks and relationships, setting high standards of professional leadership and personal behaviour
- Have a positive work attitude and a great work ethic.
Mō mātou – About us
As a host of many large groups, schools, community groups and health camps, Living Springs gives people memories and experiences that can impact them for life. The 400ha hillside location at the head of Whakaraupō/ Lyttelton harbour, and flowing from the crater to the sea/ ki uta ki tai, makes Living Springs a unique and wonderful place.
You can apply by emailing your Cover Letter and CV to email@example.com
Closing date 8 August 2021
To view the position description please click on the link below