Ontrack Study Camp
OnTrack is a camp run by Living Springs that focuses on young people achieving academic success. This time of year can be a stressful time for senior high school students with exams looming and assignments due. The OnTrack camp is a weekend away at Living Springs and combines adventure activities, inspirational speakers, great leaders, awesome food and accommodation, along with time to focus on school work and get some study done. Working alongside peers and friends, the quiet, yet inspiring facilities at Living Springs helps students achieve their goals without the normal distractions of town.
The weekend camp schedule will include:
- 9-12 hours of supervised study sessions
- Tutors available in Maths, Science and English for 3 hours
- Opportunity to experience outdoor adventure activities such as Adventure Stream, Mountain Boards, Archery Tag to break up the study doldrums;
- Time to take in the amazing setting and natural environment at Living Springs and enjoy camping experiences such as campfire;
- Make new friends;
- Great food throughout camp and comfortable accommodation;
- Experienced Camp Director and supervisors.
We grow our leaders well at Living Springs and we begin by investing into the lives of young people from the first time they come to camp.
By the time they are 15 they have invested a lot of themselves into Living Springs and have become part of the community of young people that bring energy and add vibrancy to the camp. Impacted by the culture, the nature and the holistic quality of experiencing Living Springs, these young people are full of enthusiasm and are keen to share all that camp is with others. A high standard of training ensures they become top notch leaders.
Leadership skills are developed though team-building and adventure based activities. Plus, it is a great way for leaders to get to know each other and develop friendships. Leaders for Kids Camp and Trailblazers are selected from this pool of trained leaders.
Where: Living Springs
Who: It is aimed at campers at all NCEA levels.
Camp fee is $185 (with dietary extra $25).